To help you differentiate your school effectively we've pulled together our top tips that will help you stand out in a crowded market, increase your admissions enquiries, and successfully outperform your local competition.
1) Web Site Wow. Your web site is the first port of call for parents to get hold of whatever information they need quickly, easily and hassle free. Make sure that your content is current, fresh, informative and that it's build with eCommerce and mobile optimisation functionality.
2) Go Social. Engaging social media activity is vital for getting your messages out there and building the reputation and presence of the school. Daily use of social media platforms should be an integral element of your school marketing programme and a main-stay of your communication strategy.
3) Splendid School Brochure. Does your current school prospectus really convey what makes your school stand out? Imagine your school brochure was a favourite glossy magazine - is your content compelling and the photography up to date? If not, then it’s time for a review.
4) Meet the Parents. A strong relationship with parents gives you an ongoing idea of what they are happy with and whether there is anything that they would like to see improved. Informal parent receptions and a strong presence at school social events will help you obtain direct, ongoing feedback.
5) Create Local Contacts. Build a rapport with your local papers and parent bloggers. They will help you build your profile and could potentially offer assistance to the school when you have good news to shout about or difficult news to explain.
6) Have Flex Appeal. A school marketer’s role isn’t just limited to marketing and comms. Be ready and willing to field parent queries about school-related issues and be on hand to offer advice and point parents in the right direction. Parents will expect they can call upon you as part of the school leadership team. Be ready to adapt.
GKP is looking for 12 state schools who would like to receive free PR support in the next twelve months. Schools will be chosen at random through a Twitter prize draw.
To have a chance of being the third school that we work with you’ll need your head or deputy head to retweet this message:
I want to #win a free day of #PR advice for my #school with the former TES editor #ProBonoGKPComms
Visit here for more information and full T&Cs.