At GKP we always keep an eye out for the most interesting and unusual university stories to make the headlines. These are the stories from June that we think really deserve a second airing.
10. Tanking Ranking: The lowest ever position Cambridge has placed in a world league table (Cambridge)
9. Bathroom Border Issue: The ‘Brexit style referendum’ over gender-neutral toilets (Oxford)
8. Soaring Studies: The ‘extreme’ flying lessons in a university plane (Cranfield)
7. Period Presents: The provision of free sanitary products in male toilets, allowing men to pick them up “for their partners or friends” (Dundee)
6. Sleepless in Swansea: The town that couldn’t sleep during ‘ridiculous volume’ of university summer ball (Swansea)
5. Safe Swigging: The university providing spiked-drinks testing kits in student welcome packs (Bath Spa)
4. Meow-vellous: The awards presented by Rolf the campus cat (Warwick)
3. AI-tist: The gallery exhibiting work made by Ai-Da, the humanoid robot (Oxford)
2. Spearheading Sustainability: The universities minister arguing universities can be key to the UK's 'carbon neutral revolution'
1. Indecent Treatment: The university accused of ‘institutional thuggery’ for axing a blind student and father of four, now facing deportation (Dundee)