At GKP we always keep an eye out for the most interesting and unusual university stories to make the headlines. These are the stories from September that we think really deserve a second airing.
10. High Steaks: The university which cut carbon emissions by a third by removing red meat from its menu (Cambridge)
9. Delayed Dorms: The student halls not ready in time for term (Swansea)
8. Literary Lifter: The jailed bookworm who made £40,000 selling stolen library books online (Edinburgh)
7. Shunned Campus Sport: The university facing calls to end pheasant shooting on its grounds (Reading)
6. Public Data: The finding that University Challenge appearances are a better predictor of graduate earnings than government data (Surrey)
5. Clean Correspondence: The academics asked not to send emails after hours as measure against harassment (Oxford)
4. Misfired Joke: The postgraduate student who sparked an armed police response by taking a fake gun to university (Exeter)
3. Secret Shortlists: The firms only hiring graduates from specific universities.
2. Emergency Education: The university running compulsory climate change lectures for all undergraduates (Sheffield)
1. Long-Toothed Luddites: The over 65s shunning the internet because of increasing privacy concerns (Oxford)